Monday, June 12, 2006

Expecting

I'm BUSTIN' AT THE SEAMS! And I'm not referring to my shirt, LOL!

There's a new baby-girl on our horizon... She's a miniature pincher!!! Only about 3 weeks old, so we've got another 5 weeks to go (feels like Christmas!). This pic is one out of the litter of 5, so I don't know if this is "her", but I sure hope it is! We'll get to meet her this week. We're getting her from one of our guys' mom.

This past year was really rough on us. Our three dog-kids passed away. Having three old dogs, I once dubbed the would-be period of loss as the Trail of Tears. It started last July and concluded this April.
Of the three, Kahlua, our dobie girl, left the biggest hole because she was always in constant motion, whereas Cream & Buttercup had an appreciation for the finer things in life ... like sleeping. Kahlua never lost her puppy enthusiasm and her humorous approach rarely failed to engauge someone into getting off their keester and into doing something (with her or just to escape her, lol), including Cream and Buttercup, if only for the nightly food parade.
Anyway, I thought it would be a really long time before I'd be ready for a puppy. Maybe we'd enjoy the freedom of a one-cat household. But it's quiet. Really quiet. You never get over loosing someone you love, you just learn to deal with it. So, I'm not over Kahlua, Buttercup or Cream.
But I realized that I am ready for puppy love. puppy breath. :::sigh::: even puppy pee ("that I could sop up with my sock like it was nuthin'", lol).
Ooh-boy, Sugar-Plum is in for a treat.

3 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I am SO 'incited'and you were right, they all look the same as pups! Could be a Rottweiller in that picture.
In honor of "the Girls" I'm posting one of my favorite photos of them on my Not Really a Cleaning Lady blog.
Loves Ya's

Christine Stonebridge said...

I love your pic :) All the girls "doing their thing" (looking for a snack, by the looks of it, lol).

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

LOL trolling for a snack right?